#BSPxMeggy goes to Zambales (01-28/29-2017)

3/13/2017 01:23:00 pm


OH GOD I HAVE MISSED WRITING. Suuuuuuuuuuuper late post! It took me being hungover to be able to slow down and finally finish this one. So.. here goes a long ass post.

Every one knows that I’ve always had a love-love relationship with beaches; always have been one of my favorite go-to places whenever I’m stressed; or whenever I just want to get away from things. My mind, body and soul have been craving for sand, sun and the beach in forever and when an offer for a Zambales beach trip came up on a free weekend, I jumped on the opportunity right away because I wouldn’t dare miss this one for my life.

There weren’t any plans for anything specific when my friends and I were talking; just that we wanted to go there, swim, eat and be merry. There was wine involved, originally. But our excitement made us forget to pack one. Was supposed to bring my Dulce De Leche wine thooo-forgot that one also.

Waiting for our bus! :)

Shie and I met the girls at Victory Liner in Cubao where we’ll ride the Olongapo bus. Don’t even ask me about the lines at the terminal because the only things I will say are: uncoordinated and craaaazy. We planned to catch the 9PM bus so we could get to Zambales early, but instead, we caught the 11PM bus which hella SQUEAKED the whole freakin ride. My earphones were already on it’s loudest but I could still hear the freaking squeaking. We finally got to Olongapo and waited for a bus that would take us to San Felipe where we’ll stay.

Victory Liner Cubao to Victory Liner Olongapo

Victory Liner Olongapo to San Felipe, Zambales!

We got to Circle Hostel in San Felipe around 4am. We had to settle in the common area first because check in isn’t until 2PM. In our attempt to make the most of our stay, we decided to go to the beach nearby and lay on the sand. I’ve never seen so many stars in the sky. I mean, compared to the sky in Laguna, which has a lot of stars at night but still seemed lacking, this one was incomparable. This Zambales night sky looks so amazing, beautiful and serene with millions of stars. The only place I see this kind of sky is when I’m in Antique, but for some reason, I appreciate this more. Maybe, because it’ll be awhile again before I go back.

Circle Hostel's Common Room

Although sleeping on the beach looks romantic and cool--the fact is, you will freeze your ass off when you do it… and that was what exactly happened to us. I was also hell bent on catching a good shot of the sky because the stars looked endless but my sleepiness was catching up to me. Woke up 30-40 minutes after dozing off and decided we'll just go back to the hostel and sleep in the common area.

Shie, Rhea and I woke up (again) a couple of hours later and decided to eat breakfast at Aling Fely’s--heaven sent eatery in front of Circle Hostel. Candice and Trisha were so deep in sleep that even if we were shouting for them to wake up from the other side of the street, they couldn’t hear us. Lol.

Literally woke up like this.

After breakfast, we hurriedly went to Crystal Beach to take advantage of the whole Saturday we’ll dedicate to it. The waves looked amazing and the sun was perfect. Everything was perfect. I’m so glad that there weren’t any rain or weather disturbance to ruin our trip. It was such a perfect day.

Bridge going to Crystal Beach. The dried up river in is filled with Lahar from the Mt. Pinatubo eruption years ago.

Street sign pointing to Crystal Beach, almost there!

Entering Crystal Beach :D

Yay, just a little more!!

 The sand is perfect.

I was so sunburnt I could probably audition for Jersey Shore and get a part but it was soooooooo worth it. It hurt like shit as soon as the weekend was over and the whole week after, but crashing the waves and lying under the sun was worth every sunburnt patch on my face and body. Lol.

Sunburnt.

BFF lovin by the beach.

Candice, Rhea and Trisha are actually Shie's officemates. But, it didn't really feel like I had to adjust or feel out of place whenever they talk about work stuff--as much as they tried staying away from the topic. Lol. It also feels great to know new people and learn more about them in the span of a weekend.


Perfect day with the best people!

By night time, we were exhausted and feeling a little lost on what to do so we decided to just hangout in Circle Hostel's common room. There were other people who were also there to hang out with their own set of friends; drinking, playing, singing. We sat in one corner and decided to play Slap Jack--a game where you take turns in saying the chronological order of the cards while you put one down. If the number that you said matches the card you dropped, everyone will slap the pile, if you're he last to slap, you lose. I don't know if what I explained made sense but that's how that shit goes. Lol.

To make the game exciting and juicy, we decided that whenever someone loses, we'll force a truth from them. We got so loud while playing, the Indian guy from the other group got so curious and decided to join us. He asked his friend to join after he got how the game goes and the next thing we know, the whole common room is playing with us. It's such a crazy feeling. My friends and I kept asking, "What have we done??" Because everyone is now playing and screaming and the consequences that they were implementing kept getting crazier by the moment--all because of our little game.

New found friends! I forgot all of their names though. I'm so sorry. Lol.

Because the beds we rented were bunk beds that were three flights up the floor and one hammock, Candice and I decided to just sleep in the common room again. The air's much cooler there anyway.

Woke up at around 8 in the morning. We had to make use of our time wisely since we need to leave at lunch time. Ate breakfast again at Aling Fely's and went to the nearby beach to just soak up a little more of the sun and the view before we head back to Manila.



When we got back to the hostel, we hurriedly bathed, packed our things and got ready for out trip back to Manila. Before we left though, the Ate's at the reception area asked us to write anywhere and on their wall to add to the Hostel's really cool walls. Although I was really planning to write on it, it feels great to be asked. I felt like they enjoyed our company as well.

Legally writing on things.

To say that 'I had fun' would be an understatement, I had the best time with some of the best people in the perfect place would be more like it. I promised myself that this year will be full of adventures, unexpected decisions and crazy ass moments, I think I'm living up to it as far as I'm concerned.

MUST. GO. BACK.


Credits for the photos: Me, Shie, Trisha, Rhea, Candice :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments