#1/52

1/07/2017 12:39:00 pm

Just before 2016 ended, I've decided that I'll do a couple of projects to practice my writing and also to keep myself busy and committed to my new blog for 2017. It's no secret that I love writing, but, sometimes it takes more than just a random thought to get me writing something that makes sense. Lol.

For this, I've decided to do the 52 Week Instax Challenge--where I'll post a photo of an instax shot every week, following the given theme for that certain week.

The theme for this week: Self Portrait.

I love this photo because I look so happy in this. Usually, I'm very shy and conscious when posing for a camera for a formal shoot, but recently, I've been so comfortable in front of it. Selfies are a different thing because you do it when you're alone or whenever you feel. Shoots are sometimes with another person, so you're subject to judgements and criticisms. But, I feel so confident recently, I don't know why. That should be a good thing, right?

Another thing I love about this is that it was taken with an Instax camera. The thing about instant cameras and films is you have to make each shot count. It also shows imperfections, unlike how digital photos make us look so perfect in this age. Like how they do before with manual cameras, you have to be very careful when taking a shot because you only have few films to use. This is why I'm so glad that Instax and Polaroid cameras are available again because it gets people to use films only on things that they think are important.

I guess, that's it for the first photo for my 52 Week Instax Challenge. Do you have any ideas on what should be the theme for next week? Comment them below! :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments