Hello, 2017!

1/02/2017 12:53:00 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I was supposed to do a year-end blog but decided against it after realizing how crappy my 2016 was. Much like others, 2016 for me was a year of disappointments and major heartbreak. It may not be the best year, nonetheless, it certainly taught me of who I am, how I want to be treated and what I want out of life. There is certainly a big room for improvement with how I want my life to go on, and how I want it to be, but it's about starting over and baby steps along the way. Go ME!

Being happy is always a choice. Like a friend told me at one of my lowest points during 2016, "Choose happiness." It's simple, but only after you take all the negativity away from yourself, the pain, the anger and the sadness; you can go ahead and choose to be happy. My mind was set to be out of that miserable zone, and I was able to. At least that's what I currently think so.

The Antique trip and being with my family, relatives and friends certainly brought me the clarity that I needed to welcome the new year.


New Year's spent with family and new friends!

Along with my renewed sense of self, I've decided 2017 will be a year full of positivity and activities. I'm claiming it. Positivity is a given but, activities on the other hand will be harder to fulfill at times. With that, I'll also be listing down a few resolutions to myself. They wont be restricted to 2017, but, can also be applicable or might even extend to the coming years.

  1. Teach myself to have lesser expectations about certain things and certain people. During my thesis defense in college, I seriously expected the worst to happen (bad grade or even fail the fucking thing) so what ever the result may be, I'll be ready to accept it. The same with people, sometimes I already expect for them to do some things in a certain way, so I always get my heart broken over the slightest things. I should really lighten up :)
  2. Let go of things I have no control over. I learnt recently that even if you give out advises freely, people will not always follow through. People will only listen to you, but you can't really help them unless they're ready to help themselves. So, let go.
  3. Think of things that made me happy before going to sleep. We're so busy finding faults that we often forget that you can also fins happiness over the smallest things.
  4. Be a little more thankful everyday. Along with little bouts of happiness in my day, I'll try to also find something to be thankful for before the day ends. It shouldn't have to be big, even as small as waking up can mean a big thing.
  5. Always think of that you're a WORK-IN-PROGRESS. I can improve myself and get back up whenever I'm on the ground. It's better than giving up and settling.
  6. Spend more time with family! That's a given!!
That's all I could think of this time, I guess I'll add more as time goes by :) Happy New Year again!

You Might Also Like

0 comments