Weekly Round-up (01/08 - 01/14)

1/16/2017 02:38:00 pm

This week was a little busier than most--or maybe because my period cramps were also killing me for half of the week that I felt my work pace become a little slower.

Monday started off with an overtime for a deck that we've been working on for a client. We wanted to polish it for Friday's presentation and I'm so glad that we made it and they also liked the additional things we added for the event styling at the last minute. It feels great to be able to understand and give the clients what they want.

Photo courtesy of Joana. Thanks, love!

By Wednesday, I was starting to feel a little slow because my cramps were already starting. I stayed in the office all day and hid in the studio because it felt comfortable to lay with my laptop on my tummy. The heat felt soooo good it made me want to hug my laptop for the rest of the day. Even if my uterus was being suicidal, I had to soldier up and meet up with my friends for dinner at Shang.

My friends are like pain relievers. I forgot that my cramps were killing me the whole day as soon as I saw them. I haven't seen Jacob and Joana in forever--kidding, we saw each other last December lol. Still, we're a pretty clingy bunch. We just laughed the whole time and spotted cute boys. I love my friends. Jacob had to leave pretty early because he has an early work the next day. After he left, we met up with Jo's parents at Planet Grapes for what is apparently a wine night. We had whatever they had and another round of Bad Boy wine for the both of us. It's no secret that I love wine, so, tonight was perfect--even if the cramps killed me a little.

The proposal poster of my friend for his girl at Myeongdeong Subway Station, Korea!

I got one of the best news on Thursday when my friend showed me the photo of his marriage proposal ad that we've been working on for the past month. I was so excited because it's the first time one of my illustrations made internationally! The ad runs for a month in one of the subway stations in Korea. If you're there, please take a photo of it! Oh and she said, YES to my friend. Congratulations, Everett and Kat!

Somehow, I always look forward to Fridays (Even if Shiela hates it. Sorry, ILY.) because we found a new hang out place near Mercato. I call it Hunger Games Arena because it looks like a big round pit with concrete benches circling the area. Very Hunger Game-ish. It's where we can talk about random things and topics while eating or just sitting. Hoping to all the gods that they won't put a fence on it or whatever because it's a really cool place.


Finally got to watch Sing last Saturday! I dragged Eliza for a catch up and movie date because I still owe her lots of "stories". The movie kept me laughing the whole time! Loved he songs and had my pizza craving curbed as well. Whenever I see Eliza, I realize I miss my UST friends so much. It's been awhile since I saw all of them. I should invite them all for a little something, I'm just not sure when I'll be free or when they'll be free. Lol.

Til' next week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments